Monday, June 17, 2013

As of Lately

Summer is finally here and the visitors have already starting arriving!  Berlin is such a gorgeous place when it's warm and we are so excited for all the family and friends coming out this summer.  My friends from Physical Therapy school just came out and we had a great time.  The weather was perfect and we were able to see all the major sites and make some great memories!

Isaac rode his bike around all the castles of Potsdam
My big boy loves exploring on his own
We even got to go out one night with just the adults, had a blast!
Last weekend we ventured over to the Lake Wannsee that we had heard so much about.  It was only a 15 minute bike ride and we were pleasantly surprised at the nice beach and swimming area.  The boys absolutely loved the sand and water, and they didn't mind that it was a little cold.  I have to admit I did a very German thing on our bike ride, I wore a skirt (a longer one) and I loved it!  When we moved here I saw all these women biking in dresses and skirts and I thought they were crazy, little did I know it's much better than pants :) We can't wait to take all our visitors here!

Ready to go to the beach




We celebrated Father's Day yesterday with a superhero theme.  Isaac and I made Daddy a superhero box with all the essentials a superhero would need and the boys dressed up in their Superman shirts.  We also made cupcakes, well I should say I made cupcakes and Isaac licked the bowls.  At what age is it appropriate to let your kids eat batter?! I'm not one to judge because when I make cookies it's one spoon on the baking sheet and one in my mouth (learned that from my Mom :)! Anyways, we had a wonderful day celebrating the amazing father that Zack is.  The boys are sure lucky to have such a fun loving Dad!

Trying out the zip-line



Our Superhero box
Ready to wake up Daddy


And this is how Isaac helps me bake!

We can't wait for Nana, Aunt Kate, Nathan, and Erin to arrive on Thursday for a week filled with fun!

With love,
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment